Friday, December 13, 2019

Compositing: Maya to Nuke

I exported my Maya files (with no texture applied) as .OBJ files and made a small node tree in Nuke to display it, however without texture, it would not appear within the camera. As such I textured the Maya file before exporting again and this time it was viewable within the Nuke camera. I then set up then scene with the standard rendering triangle of Scene - Camera - ScanlineRenderer and attached my components to it. This then allowed me to place my Mech within the scene and render it out. The mech looked out of place, due to the lack of lighting and depth so I added a smoke effect to the scene in front of both the background plate and the object and rendered it out. The resulting video has smoke moving far too quickly, but I don't think it's necessary to fix this, as it functions very well as a proof of concept.


 My initial node tree.

 The object would not show on the camera if it was not textured.

This is the original render shot, without smoke.

My final node tree.


The final rendered video, 3 seconds long, as described in my storyboard.

A tour around the Nuke project.

No comments:

Post a Comment